• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
coming from a first gen behold . Im happy to have upgrade to android .The only problem i have had so far is when i turned the phone off and try to restart it would freeze and have the android logo replay but never get to the home screen. Had to force recover mode 3 times. I'm guessing some app that force the phone to stay awake might be causing this . Can some please tell me if this is the cause or is there something else wrong with my phone.

coming from a first gen behold . Im happy to have upgrade to android .The only problem i have had so far is when i turned the phone off and try to restart it would freeze and have the android logo replay but never get to the home screen. Had to force recover mode 3 times. I'm guessing some app that force the phone to stay awake might be causing this . Can some please tell me if this is the cause or is there something else wrong with my phone.

I think we need more information before we can help diagnose the problem.

• Why are you restarting the phone?
  • What apps are you adding after you reset the phone?
  • How far do you let the battery drain before charging?
  • What settings are you changing?

Upvote 0
I think we need more information before we can help diagnose the problem.

• Why are you restarting the phone?
  • What apps are you adding after you reset the phone?
  • How far do you let the battery drain before charging?
  • What settings are you changing?

1)I had to restart phone twice times because the screen has frozen after i added a bad( not going to mention ) app . Also to save battery power i did shut the phone off and restarted about 2 hours later .
2)since i had the phone i have added about 8 different apps. 2 music apps , 1 browser app ,1 ring tone app ,3 game apps and 1 weather app.
3) I have let the battery drain completely . With some modern use( messaging, surfing web and using the music player) the battery is at the last bar . By the time i get off work the battery is dead.

4)The only setting i have change to save battery power is dimming the lcd screen , turning off wifi,auto sync, back light to 30 second , and gps off . the only thing that reminds on is the background data usage .

I see that the battery in the behold 2 dosen't last that long at all .

Upvote 0
I have had the same problem in fact it just happened this morning while my phone was already on. Phone was working fine, I got off subway and into office and notice it's the Android logo over and over again.

One app is Dolphin Browser which will cause this crash. All I know to do is reset the phone and then have to reinstall everything all over again.

Very annoying and nobody else seems to have documented this problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones