• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New cm10.2 update problem?

erik917

Today I tried updating the new cm10.2 update n it boots but it freezes as soon as it goes to the welcome menu then reboots? Is it just mine or what?

Did you update the firmware and everything first? I know that caused a lot of issues for folks, but I think it would not boot all the way if that's the case.

There are massive bootloop issues with CM10.2 nightlies after about 09/20 (also with maps usage while multitasking since 09/09).

To resolve, folks have reported the following helping:

1. NOT wiping cache/dalvik after flashing latest nightly
2. Not using manual reboots (this seems to encourage bootlooping)
3. Manually powering off the phone after flashing a nightly and then manually powering it on

It's affecting CM10.2 stock and all forks-- quite a bit of discussion about it over at XDA. Probably either related to the new kernel or something that's changed from CM commits.

There's also a mobile data drop/recycle bug where the connection will time out and then recycle itself. That doesn't seem to affect everyone, and I've noticed it to be more frequent with the T-Mobile LTE IPv4 APN than the epc.tmobile or LTE IPv6 APNs.

Back
Top Bottom