• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Evo owner here

jason81

Hey everyone... glad to finally be able to post as an Evo owner...

My wife and i signed up with Sprint in October of last year, and we both got the Samsung Moment. At first we thought the moment was a great phone ( these were our first smartphones), but then after awhile, we started running into the problems of data lockup, gps issues, etc....

When the Evo came out, I couldn't help but think what a sexy phone it was, but alas... i was not able to upgrade at the time.... so I waited. I was due for an upgrade on October first, but I was able to get sprint to move it up by two weeks, so this last Friday i was off to get new phones.

I live in a small town that has only gotten one Evo since release, so i had to take a drive to check out the Evo. For several months I had been dreaming of the Evo, and had read everything I could to prepare myself... and then Sprint throws the Epic into the picture. I found myself with a serious issue..... which to get?.

Keep in mind, that I had never even been able to play with an Evo, or an Epic prior to my journey to upgrade. I finally arrive at the store, and there they are..... sitting there, looking all shiny and perfect. I spent about two hours playing with them, and comparing. I felt that the Evo was the better phone. I am not in any way bashing on the Epic, because it is amazing...... but at the end of the day.... the Evo just appealed to me more. My wife was not elligable for an upgrade, so I paid almost full retail for hers.

Now we both have our Evos, and I think that they must be the most amazing phones in the world. I just keep finding new and interesting features that make so much sense.

So even though it cost me a lot of money, I am happy with our purchase, and most of all..... glad to be away from the Moment. It is wonderful to have a phone that just works when you need it to.

Sorry for the long post...... feel free to get back to your lives. :D

I know how you feel I have had my EVO for almost a month and a half and it is awesome. I went from a Windows mobile phone that was 3 yrs old. What a HUGE step for me.

Welcome!!!

It's amazing to me all the things I now do with my Evo that I never did with my TP2. I upload pictures to Facebook all the time. The Evo is now my de facto camera. I post to forums with it (like I'm doing right now). I surf the net in full desktop mode. I play games, watch Flash videos, and text all the time because it's so much easier to type.

And the things I used to do, like listen to music, remote desktop, and listen to podcasts are so much easier to do that I do them a lot more than I ever used to. And the turn by turn navigation is simply amazing for a free app. Wireless file transfers and downloading files is a breeze.

It's the closest thing to a handheld computer I've had. It's just an amazing device.

Even on Tv I thought I' recognized a few Evos and other android phones. Of the TV programs I watched today, Chuck, android phones or Iphones in diguise but I thought I recognized the camera app they used and it was def a droid, I think Iphone has that big shutter animation in the middle of the screen. On Gossip Girl ok I admit I kind like the Mahattanish dramaesque silliness of that show, I definately made out at least one Evo and a couple of droids, and on Hawaii Five-O, like Alex Oloughlin since I saw him on Moonlight and also Jin from Lost is also on there, made out a couple of droid phones. Previous years every show I saw was either a BB or Iphone. No I wasn't looking but they made their phones prominent. :)

Can't wait until December to get my hands on this! I'm kind of in the same boat, was going to try and get an early, early upgrade but don't we all:)!

So even though it cost me a lot of money, I am happy with our purchase, and most of all..... glad to be away from the Moment. It is wonderful to have a phone that just works when you need it to.

Let us know in a few weeks if your USB port quits charging the Evo.

See the thread about that and compare notes. It would be nice to know if a new hardware revision has made its way into the pipeline.

You might want to mention what area of the country you are in as well.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom