• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Exhibit User

Flablitz

Android Enthusiast
I had a F6 until I dropped it from a 2 story roof. I was doing alot of rom testing and mods/hacks. Everything was going great till I dropped it.
I now have this metro exhibit T599n. I have a couple questions because I have no clue what the different versions of this phone has to offer. Basically is there anyway to install recovery without PC and can i flash CM11, PacROM or even any roms? Any info on this device will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

I had a F6 until I dropped it from a 2 story roof. I was doing alot of rom testing and mods/hacks. Everything was going great till I dropped it.
I now have this metro exhibit T599n. I have a couple questions because I have no clue what the different versions of this phone has to offer. Basically is there anyway to install recovery without PC and can i flash CM11, PacROM or even any roms? Any info on this device will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Nope you need a pc to flash a custom recovery. After that then you can flash other recoveries without a pc. We have cm11, no official pac rom but a port of it, we got vanir rom, carbon rom, omni rom and aokp.

Info like what?

Nope you need a pc to flash a custom recovery. After that then you can flash other recoveries without a pc. We have cm11, no official pac rom but a port of it, we got vanir rom, carbon rom, omni rom and aokp.

Info like what?

Thanks for the info and quick reply!! On the roms, some show like t599x on thread title. Those roms will work with Metros t599n?

I forgot that to say that the charger port is broke on this phone, so I have it on life support. Is there anyway around usb to PC for installing recovery?

*ill edit to add pics of what I mean*

I forgot that to say that the charger port is broke on this phone, so I have it on life support. Is there anyway around usb to PC for installing recovery?

OYswufE

GZEFtyS

Info like what?

I didn't need a PC to flash a custom recovery onto my sgh. I just used Rashr Flash Tools from the play store.

Download the recovery img you want and just use Rashr Flash Tools from the play store to flash it.

Thanks bro!! Well it worked, but was a scary process. I downloaded recovery and extracted the .img file from the tar. I then selected reboot recovery from rashr. The problem was I was stuck in CWM and it didnt matter how many times I rebooted, cleaned dalvik, formatted cache and battery pulls nothing worked. I used my wifes phone to download philz and added to my SD, flashed it and rebooted back to OS fine. Im yet to download a rom and try it, but I am fixing to try. I knew it was a risky move, bumpy ride, but you see the pics. Lol Ill report back after. Install a rom.

All in short, if I had it to do again. Id download the img, philz, and rom on ext sd before I attepted this.

Carbon ROM and PAC ROM both work great installed no problem.

Thanks again mjc1697, I needed that.

Back
Top Bottom