• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Firmware Update (14.1.G.2.257)

El Presidente

Beware The Milky Pirate!
Still no update here UK EE. Where do people look to find out when carriers and regions release these updates? Anybody had the update with news on the improvement, if it really is worth breaking the root?

The Unbranded UK update only started rolling out yesterday so EE might be a couple of weeks off.

There is a way to keep root if you flash a Danish ftf using flashtool, root with kingo, then take the 257 OTA (apparently).

I bit the bullet, installed dual recovery and went for a .257 custom ROM this morning and it was really, really easy and didn't take long either so if you want to give it a go, I can run you through it.

I can't comment on battery life now, but there's a definite improvement in the camera.

Battery life seems to have improved further, not taken any pics since though.

On another note, it bricked my phone first due to the update server going down during the update...not impressed. All sorted now though.

Hi, I am a little dubious of downloading this update. Just three weeks ago I had my first Xperia Z1 exchanged as the backlight was not lighting so was given a new phone exchanged with a courier at my house. I am not certain if this sysytem update caused the problems so at the moment untill I hear comments on here I won't be installing it. Anyone got any views about the update.

Three days on and all is well. Your backlight issue would mostlikey have been hardware rather than software to be honest.

Bought my Z1 with Vodafone in Romania, but at the moment I am using it with Vodafone Italy, no update hit my phone yet, except the Walkman app. Looking forward for that camera update, soon now, hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom