• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New firmware update FAILED

trester66

About a month ago there was a firmware update for the Kyocera Rise and i tried to download and install it like everyone else and wadaya no ..the phone rebooted and before updating it said "system update failed blabla" and then it tried normal back to my lockscreen. I tried everything i could to get it to update but everything failed. Now today , i looked at my status bar and my phone randomly started to download a firmware update. It was over pretty fast so I figure its a new update or probably the old one that failed before..so i let it finish a when it does i hit update and then a few seconds later it said "update failed" no reboot or anything. I have a Kyocera Rise, 4.0.4 ics, rooted, and removed some system apps. Please help me i don't wanna miss out on updates

So far as I nkow... The update didn't add anything worth noting. My old Rise always failed its updates, too.

About a month ago there was a firmware update for the Kyocera Rise and i tried to download and install it like everyone else and wadaya no ..the phone rebooted and before updating it said "system update failed blabla" and then it tried normal back to my lockscreen. I tried everything i could to get it to update but everything failed. Now today , i looked at my status bar and my phone randomly started to download a firmware update. It was over pretty fast so I figure its a new update or probably the old one that failed before..so i let it finish a when it does i hit update and then a few seconds later it said "update failed" no reboot or anything. I have a Kyocera Rise, 4.0.4 ics, rooted, and removed some system apps. Please help me i don't wanna miss out on updates

It's because you are rooted. I have two identical Kyocera Rise phones (one blew out its speaker and i picked up a replacement for 29 dollars at Target when they had a 3 day sale a few months ago). Anyway, the one I use daily which is rooted and has many system apps removed will not take the update but the other one which is the same except it is not rooted updated fine. Just today I disabled the Update tool because every so often i would wake up with the phone trying to update... The update doesnt have a noticeable effect on my other phone so I wouldnt worry about it. If a real update came out in the future you could restore your system apps (I assume you backed them up), unroot the phone and it would be fine.

Mine is non-rooted and it took several attempts. Kinda baffled as to what was up with this, there several rooted phones that went right through on the first try. The only thing I noticed is the phone is slightly less laggy at times and the wifi goes on and off without a problem now, before it would almost always cause me to have to pull the battery when I'd turn the wifi off and then try to turn it back on for some reason.

The only way to get the update is by backing everything up then doing a factory reset. But the 3g signal does not download it properly causing failed updates. Connect to wifi apply the update then root the phone again. Afterwards restore the back up before you did a factory reset.

Back
Top Bottom