• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New here!

Hello everyone my name is Justin, I'm 19, from Iowa and just wanted to stop by and say hi!

I used to have a blackberry bold 9650, but after lots of troubles with it (crashing, bad customer support, not a lot of apps. to choose from) I decided to upgrade to an android phone. I did a lot of research and talking with us cellular.. and they told me the phone pretty much has to be from them because most phone they try to activate that aren't from them, don't work from them. So I looked on their website which only has 5 android phones, after careful selection I decided the samsung acclaim or the lg apex would be great choices! I then choosed the LG Apex because it has the full slide out keyboard, so it's nice to have both options.

I was wondering if I could please get some help as I'm new to this device. It currently has android 2.1 which I believe is called Eclair.

I only have around 107mb free device memory, and of course that's where my apps. are getting saved to...

I am wanting to moved my apps. to the 4gb sd card (I plan on getting a bigger sd card later). This way I'll have more room to store things without always getting notified that I'm running out of memory.

How do I do a full back up of my device? How do I get the apps. to the sd card? How do I get into recovery mode? Another important question I have is.. if I upgrade it to 2.2 just so I can have the upgrade and have the built in option of moving the apps. to the sd card will my turn by turn navigation app. from my carrier or whatever called Your Navigator Deluxe still work after the upgrade to 2.2?

Will my device even work with 2.2, what about 2.3?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions, I'm just new and would like some help.
I remember with my blackberry it came with software, and it was really easy to install different os's on it and such. But this device came with no software, I feel so dumb.. I don't know what sdk's are, how to get the apps. move to the sd card, how to upgrade/downgrade the os, or even how to back it up!

So any help would be very great, thank you everyone! <3

I also did start a topic on these questions around 2 days ago but haven't gotten any responses yet :/
http://androidforums.com/lg-apex/269402-how-back-up-apps-sd-card.html

Back
Top Bottom