• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Optimus S Screen ICS

Is there any custom ROM and recovery that works with the new phone with the new S screen?

Most roms/recoveries tend to be universal anymore. The makers of ROMs/Recoveries will tend to list a warning if they do not. But if you would like a small nudge in the right direction, just look at the stick at the top. I just rooted/flashed my phone following this guide and everything went perfect! And I have the S screen.

Good luck :)!

AS stated in post before mine MOST rom's (After Sept 1, 2011ish) and most recoveries will work in the newer screen. Some but not all will list a note to this fact. Avoid installing RomManager and flashing recovery or any rom's through it. You're almost guaranteed to end up with a black screen after installing or worse a paperweight. The stickies at the top do give alot of good info so I suggest reading those thoroughly. And I suggest before you try anything new do as much reading as you can so you know the correct procedure and the risks V benefits

If you want a good starting point I'd suggest:

BobZHome recovery - VM670NH_recovery.img

And any of the IHO rom's which are Gingerbread based - https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc_common/wiki/Binary
Scroll on down to optimus V section and you have a few IHO Rom's to choose from and a small listing of what each dev has changed. I have tried most of these and currently run the backside version and they all have good performance, stability and battery lift.

Also in the works we have ICS, MIUI, LeWa and a few others that are currently in ALPHA and BETA stages so if you're new to rooting and roms I'd hang off on those till they are a but further along

Back
Top Bottom