• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Phone

tyneusch

So after a hiatus of far too long I have decided to pick up a new phone and that phone just happens to be the Galaxy S5 Active. My reason is two fold: 1. I have not experienced the Samsung flavor of android yet and 2. I am always buying phone cases and I figure with this phone I will only need a screen protector. I am a very outdoorsy person so I am interested in just how much this phone can take.

I do plan to root this phone at some point but I am just excited to get into a new phone and experience something new.

Congrats! I personally love Samsung phones, and I happen to love the stock TouchWiz interface, I think it was very well thought out and developed.

I personally don't like the feel of screen protectors (I've tried them all). My phone stays in my pocket without any other items. The Gorilla Glass is surprisingly resilient. I used my Galaxy S2 with no screen protector for prob 2 years without a scratch. And nothing beats the feel of the silky-smooth Gorilla glass. It's the main interaction work your phone... Idk, sort of comparable to a condom 😂

There are not nearly as many accessories as there are for the GS5, but more are hitting the market every day. Overall great phone.

What color did you go with?

I went with the camo one. I am an outdoorsy person but I love the thin green bezel around the phone. I think I will put screen pro on it but this is the first phone I don't feel the need to put a case on.

So far, I have picked up where I left off with my original HTC One and I love it! My only issue is the phone and contacts app. I feel like everything is SO big. I know that the screen is bigger than I am used to but there are some sections in the phone app and contacts app that just seem like there is a lot of extra space in apps due to the bigger screen. THAT is my only negative with this phone thus far.

Congrats! I personally love Samsung phones, and I happen to love the stock TouchWiz interface, I think it was very well thought out and developed.

I personally don't like the feel of screen protectors (I've tried them all). My phone stays in my pocket without any other items. The Gorilla Glass is surprisingly resilient. I used my Galaxy S2 with no screen protector for prob 2 years without a scratch. And nothing beats the feel of the silky-smooth Gorilla glass. It's the main interaction work your phone... Idk, sort of comparable to a condom 😂

There are not nearly as many accessories as there are for the GS5, but more are hitting the market every day. Overall great phone.

What color did you go with?

Back
Top Bottom