• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Photon owner!

There's 16gb internal built in (8.92 usable) already. It supports up to "32gb" microSD, but that was also before 64gb microSD's were available. There have been reports all over (I found via google search) that the 64gb cards seem to work fine on "newer" phones. I saw one example where the Thunderbolt identified the max capacity of the card, so I'm assuming it'll be no issue with the Photon.

I already ordered this 64gb card and even if it doesn't identify the full capacity, I'll have it ready for when I upgrade my phone again (whether this year or next year).

I ordered the card. :) Wow, what a great price compared to everywhere else.

Upvote 0
I just ordered a Photon from Sprint to upgrade my antiquated cell phone. It will be my first smart phone. I don't have it yet, but am already intimidated by android.

Even having an IT degree, I feel lost on all this, but I'm sure I'll pick it up in no time. I really needed a better phone for e-mail and work related tasks that I just felt no use for an old cell phone anymore.
Hah, I have an IT degree and was a software engineer for 5 years as well... And I felt like a complete moron when I was in the Sprint store about to buy an EVO 3D (for my wife) and a Photon (for myself). I didn't even know how to turn them on... I may as well have been shopping for bricks. I felt like an idiot for a couple days afterward but I got the hang of it. Now I've customized every pixel of my phone, and I've installed about 14,593,193,239,963,403 apps and even removed a few of them.

I almost returned my Photon for an EVO 3D the day after I bought one of each of them. I'm glad I kept the Photon. The lack of a charging LED is idiotic however. I did install that app (Light Flow?) but it was useless. I got it to work in "test mode" or whatever, but it would not consistently work in actual practice. My Photon is not rooted however.

I sent an email to Motorola customer service to ask if a software update would enable more LED functionality, but it was about as effective as asking a cat what time it is.

You'll get the hang of it, if you haven't already.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones