• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New problems after Jan update?

Yes, I am having more problems with my Eris now that it's on MR2 than I have ever had with it.

-Copy-protected apps that I paid for before the update are no longer available in Market. VZW support dumps this problem on HTC, HTC dumps the problem on Google, and Google is not responding.

-Sometimes, when I bring the phone out of Airplane mode, the radio does not re-enable. A reboot is required.

-This morning, for the first time ever, the phone did a random reboot on it's own. I wasn't use the phone at all, it was sitting in my console on the way to work. I look down, and it's rebooting.

I know some are singing the praises of VZW and HTC for pushing out these updates, but MR2 seems like junk to me. The worst part is, it basically feels like none of the companies involved with this phone want to support the damn thing.

Upvote 0
I have noticed after the second update that I am not receiving email through one of the POP3 accounts I have.

My Exchange email is working fine but my POP3 email will send an email but will not receive any on my Eris.

Everything worked fine before update. I have even resetup the mail and still nothing. Not sure if it is a phone issue, android issue or something else. My POP3 for that account works fine on my pc at home!

Any Ideas????

Upvote 0
Since the last update my txt messages force closes ALL the time!!! Goggle voice always closes, and it's slow!!!! It is driving me crazy on how slow it is.. I have advanced task killer and I kill my apps doesn't help, I've taken out the battery, etc I feel bad for the ppl who got this phone cuz I talked it up so much... but it was better before any updates and I'm about ready to go back to my blackberry! Any solutions?

Upvote 0
Has anyone seen new problems since this latest update? I don't know if it is just me, but I cannot rearrange my homepages since this last update. If I try and long press on the icon it opens the app. Anyone else seen that?

I am curious if there have been new issues devoloped from this latest patch...

I had to do a hard reset , just one day after this update, everything fine...........for now !

Upvote 0
I wonder if some of these problems are associated with installed apps rather than the ota update.

Has to be, many people myself included have no issues (other then youtube not working)

and anyone using TWIDROID why does it keep saying only pro verison so annoying

That WAS annoying for a while, seems to have stopped though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones