• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New System update to M050 / 3/28/2014

JKH62

Just grabbed the latest update ( OTA ).

File size 23.0 MB

C811 M050

Installed no issues now checking what works better or worse........

My phone is NOT rooted.

Oh, I just did a hard reset on mine to see if I could get rid of terrible voice quality and camera graininess! Didn't even realize the update was a different baseband version.

I think the camera may be a little better, but my voice quality still sucks. :-( Scratchy, high pitched on my end and on the other end also.

Made my phone insanely buggy, I've very frustrated at this point. Digitizer doesn't respond to the touch as it should, which makes for a STUPID frustrating experience at doing the finger-pattern for unlock.

Gets stuck on black screens frequently when hitting "home" or the app-drawer button.

So far this was a serious downgrade on my phone, I've gained NOTHING that I can tell, other than frustration. Guess I'll power-cycle the phone AGAIN to see if that helps.

I can't find anything about what changed either, but I've had no problems and it seems smoother, quicker, and for sure there is more unused RAM. My phone is not rooted.

After reading the comments here and on the other thread, I took the plunge this morning and ran the update.
A few hours later all is still doing well on my un-rooted commando but I cannot say I notice any improvements either. Time will tell.

So far this was a serious downgrade on my phone, I've gained NOTHING that I can tell, other than frustration. Guess I'll power-cycle the phone AGAIN to see if that helps.

I just posted this on the other thread, but I've noticed that my phone runs slowly after the update, but only for a few minutes - the cause seems to be that only one processor core is actually doing any work. It may be instructive to either let your phone stay on for a while, or watch the processor load after booting and see if yours is doing the same thing.

Otherwise, I don't see any significant changes in this update.

Oh, I just did a hard reset on mine to see if I could get rid of terrible voice quality and camera graininess! Didn't even realize the update was a different baseband version.

I think the camera may be a little better, but my voice quality still sucks. :-( Scratchy, high pitched on my end and on the other end also.

I had this issue. Had the phone replaced because data stopped working. Both camera and voice were much better on the replacement. A small batch may have had bad radios' or connections.

With this update, the screen lock stopped working. This is the second phone it happened on after an update. Phone is not rooted. Anyone have a solution?

I am still looking for tech notes on the release but I have not had any negative impact on my phone thus far.

Those that read this may or may not already have the following information and I apologize in advance if I am posting this out of line. I searched and searched for anything on the M050 update and resorted to asking Verizon.

After a chat session, 2 phone calls and being transferred to 2 different people, here us a list that is supposedly indicative of the M050 update:

Issues Resolved
-Device display goes black
-Resets/Power cycles/Lockups
-Viewdini removed
-Google Play updated
-Refresh button added to email app
Alarm clock date and time change improved
-Message entry screen should be scrollable in landscape mode
-Duplicate entries in phone book
-Mute/Unmute toast message keeps showing for a long time
-Messaging app sets the default application used to review images even if user didn't select the checkbox option to set it
-Glove mode contact list scrolling improved
-Volume down did not support vibrate/silence mode
-Text added under icons in quick settings
-Audio notifications (SMS, Email, Google Talk, etc.) play when phone on vibrate setting
-Cannot pair Bluetooth device using NFC
-Not able to send voicemail number containing extra digits/characters
-VVM connectivity error pop up
-Extra characters displayed on some received emails
-Some glove mode notifications don't work
-Contact photos are blurry
-Compass calibration notice added when compass widget is started
-Automatic lock timer doesn't work.
-No option to display email in conversation view
-No option to forward a calendar event
-ISIS activation failed
-No default contacts seen on the device
-BUA+ contact sync status not seen on the device
-Device slow to activate
-Unable to set/reset APNs using PST enabled tool
-Poor audio quality on speakerphone
-After switching to Canada roaming, device no longer switches back to LTE automatically
-Receiving text alerts after checking voicemail
-Muffled audio
-Unable to send picture via NFC
-Improvements in speech to text
-Google voice search not working after call ended in vibrate mode
-Wireless charging temperature improvement
-Cannot save contacts searched on global access list
-Cannot clear Wi-Fi notifications on notification screen

Can anyone confirm the above? My phone is rooted...did anyone out there update a rooted phone? If so, did you lose root?

Again...my apologies if I posted out of line.
Thanks...I hope that helps...

I checked some of this stuff and the changes are there. I will be really happy not to get a text when I check my voicemail!

Well...I can now attest to my initial question - the status of root after updating.

I woke up this morning to the update being applied whether I liked it or not. After it downloaded (again, not prompted by me), I kept postponing the install. Last night, I didn't have the option so I used the phone's 'back' button to escape out. This morning, that didn't work - it just started the install.

Long story short, I had root before the update and for all intents and purposes, afterwards, I did not.

Upside to an undesirable situation is that I was able to re-root using Kingo.

Good luck everyone!

Alpine, since you are rooted can you provide the files that Doctoror has requested in the ATR section? He will be able to build an update.zip from those files for those who are in other countries &/or have the CWM recovery.

I Have downloaded the update but have not installed it, although some things have changed> WEIRD

Is there anyone else experiencing this?

I have noticed some changein in the app :drawer" when i click on the button in the middle to go to the list of apps the display is different. It shows a black background with a Grey bar. in the up 3/5ths not on the very top.

Anyone else see this grey bar in the app menu?

Back
Top Bottom