• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New to Android phones

Hi everyone,

I finally took the plunge into the smartphone world. I'm a bit lost on how to use my new Android phone. I have the Samsung Galaxy S 2 X on the Telus network.

Does anyone have a suggestion of a good website that might be useful to learn the basics? For example, I have all these little icons at the top of my screen that I don't know why they're there and what they do. They're all the same, and it looks identical to the "Samsung Apps" icon that is in my apps page.

Anyway, any help, advice or tips about this particular thing or the phone in general are appreciated :)

Thanks!

Thanks...I did end up finding the user's manual so I found a lot of useful info in there!

Loving my new phone, but definitely a power hog...trying to get used to that. My other phone would last days, even with mobile browsing and stuff.

Thanks...I did end up finding the user's manual so I found a lot of useful info in there!

Loving my new phone, but definitely a power hog...trying to get used to that. My other phone would last days, even with mobile browsing and stuff.
unfortunately unless you have the motorola droid Maxx you wont get that kind of battery life in most smartphones.

That's fine...I'm not expecting miracles...I just think that there are ways that I can manage the battery life a bit better. I started another thread on this to see what people do to maximize bettery life.

Back
Top Bottom