• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Rezound

dosahl

I am a previous original Incredible owner and loved it. I got a bit panicked about the new family share plans set by Verizon and realized that their new plan would cost my family an additional 80 bucks a month before the taxes. So to keep my unlimited data I researched an bought a rezound. Currently some quesions. I will start with one but am sure more will come up. I used the wifi toggle switch on my incredible and it just turned off the wifi. I tried it on the Rezound and it opens the wifi settings. How can I set it so it just toggles on and off. The other toggle switches to that (mobile, GPS, Bluetooth).
Thanks. There will be more questins as I use it.

Congrats on the Rezound -- had my Droid Incredible for 2 years (still have mad love for that phone)

SwitchPro Widget -- best 0.99 cents I have ever spent in the Google Play store. You customize the bar to include all the toggles you could possibly need. Set your phone to LTE/CDMA (4g/3g) instead of CDMA only... then use SwitchPro widget to toggle 4G on and off as needed!

You can as many (or as few toggles) as you want... pic below just shows a few options and colors.

device66.png

Quick little note since you are new to your Rezound: the 4 buttons on the bottom of the phone light up in low light situations only. (you can test it by walking in to a closet or by covering the top 1/3 of your phone with your palm)

There is a stock widget called power dashboard that has a direct on/off for wifi. It also has BT, brightness, timeout, and auto sync. It's a one line bar and if you search for all HTC widgets once you are in the choose widget screen it is #41 of 78.

I am thinking about using my upgrade to get the Rezound cheap before the shared data plans go into effect.
Coming from an Inc2, anyone have any wise words? Has anyone come from the DInc2? What has your experience been like? You happy?

two weeks into the upgrade and I am happy. Coming from an original incredible it is a smooth transition up. I was waiting for the incredible 4g but that was not happening. After two weeks of use, I can say that I made the right choice. I do not thing the battery lasts as long as my old phone but one must keep in mind that the first two weeks of the honeymoon period, the phone was used more. I say do it.

Has anyone rooted? Do you feel like there are some good roms and adequate support for the phone/ good dev community?

There is actually great dev support for this phone, although it isn't all on xda. There does seems to be a lot of unfortunate bickering among devs to dig through, though.

For me personally the most bug-free ICS Rom has been chingy's Ineffabilis Deus over on themikmik.com. (his gingerbread Rom was most stable for me as well) -- not a problem with the rom yet, and amazing battery life. There is also a great Sense 4.0 Rom by newt over there (and a couple by other devs on xda as well, although I have less experience with those). Nils over on xda seems to have a fast reliable rom as well. Also others here swear by scott's CleanRoms.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom