• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to this, looking to buy a SG3 & want to root it please help

zak9494

Switching over from the iPhone due to jailbreaking dying out. I'm looking on craigslist to buy a Galaxy S3. Im on AT&T and looking to buy a white or black S3. Is there anything specific I should look out for? Also I plan to root my S3, should I look for a specific S3 model and does it matter what version of an OS its running in order to root it? Like the iPhone with jailbreaking.
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks

Welcome Zak!
As dread has pointed out, rooting is pretty straightforward and for me, on Verizon, it was E-Z!!:D
Just please, read very carefully and be sure to understand the process of rooting.
If you have any questions about the process, ask!
He also provided you with a link if you decide to stay with AT&T.
If you decide to switch carriers, there are different forums for rooting for different carriers.
They are listed at the top of this forum:D

If buying the phone off craigslist, make sure the phone has a good esn. You can call AT&T to verify it, (to make sure it isn't reported stolen/lost).

Of course make sure the phone model is for AT&T and not another carrier.

A lot of horror stories buying from Craigs List. Buy the phone everything good till original seller does not finish paying for it and phone get locked.

Back
Top Bottom