• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New update 14.2.A.0.290

BigBrisy

Just had this update flash up in my notificatons, cant download it at the moment as i'm in work and don't have WiFi, does anybody know what changes this update brings?

Never mind, Google is an amazing thing :D

Features of update :-
# Project Butter performance & UI optimisation, a smoother graphical experience
# Sony’s Smart Social Camera to Xperia Z Ultra available now.
# New tweaked Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, Sony Select apps.
# Uddated version Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network.
# New “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select app.

Cheers

It's ancient as well, I think it was released before Xmas.

What network are you on?

Nevermind, profile info is an amazing thing :D

Yeah, EE released it a while back.

Just checked my phone and the build number is already 14.2.A.0.290....this thing is playing funny bu**ers with me, its only 8.2mb download too??? hmmmm

I got the the update myself earlier. I had to download it via PC suite but I thought I already had that build.

So, here's the problem. I done the update via my PC suite and it said it has downloaded/completed. BUT, I am still getting notification icon in my status bar. When I click to download it, it goes 0-100% then says 14.2.A.0.290 could not download. It won't go away and it's doing my head. Can anyone help?

Just checked my phone and the build number is already 14.2.A.0.290....this thing is playing funny bu**ers with me, its only 8.2mb download too??? hmmmm

Is it definitely a system update and not an update for one of the stock Sony apps?

I got the the update myself earlier. I had to download it via PC suite but I thought I already had that build.

So, here's the problem. I done the update via my PC suite and it said it has downloaded/completed. BUT, I am still getting notification icon in my status bar. When I click to download it, it goes 0-100% then says 14.2.A.0.290 could not download. It won't go away and it's doing my head. Can anyone help?

Swipe away the notification, open the update centre app, head to settings, then uncheck everything.

Does that work?

Yes it was a system update, I installed it yesterday but can't say I notice anything different, wasn't expecting to either with it being such a small update, still strange it had the same build number though.

Back
Top Bottom