• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New update Verizon note 3

814 htc evo

Android Enthusiast
I received a software update on December 24, 2014 and just for sh..s and giggles I just checked again and there was another update waiting for me to download. After the update my software number didn't change and I don't notice much of a difference. Anyone else get this update? Also it's worth noting my fiance has the S5 and last time I had an update she did as well and we're both on verizon. I checked her phone after mine just a few minutes ago and she didn't have any software update. Thanks

Attachments

• 1421001420089.jpg
    1421001420089.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 1421001433827.jpg
    1421001433827.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 76
I experienced the same thing. My guess? The CIA had a bug in their eavesdropping code that was causing it to intermittently crash and they wanted to clean it up.

I'm also on Verizon. Both versions are Android 4.4.4 so the number does not change. My previous software update was 12/2/14 to SM-N900V_NJ6. The new one I loaded on 1/7/14 and was SM-900V_NK1. I have not notice any changes so just minor fixes.

I got this today. As others have noted, mostly minor changes and I haven't noticed anything from a user standpoint. Here is copy/paste of the official PDF changelog that Arctcwolf posted:

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3.
Software Version KTU84P.N900VVRUDNK1.

Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update to Android KitKat 4.4.4 that will improve the performance of
your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 device.

THE FOLLOWING IMPROVEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE:
  • Verizon Support & Protection (VSP) has been updated
  • Caller Name ID has been updated
  • Isis Wallet changed to Softcard
THE FOLLOWING APPS/SERVICES ARE NOW PRELOADED:
  • Knox 2.0 for enterprise support
  • Find My Mobile
  • Side Sync Call Forwarding Framework
  • Virtual Tour Camera Mode
  • Kids Mode stub (in Widget Tray) - a parental control capability to manage phone usage
THE FOLLOWING ISSUE HAS BEEN SOLVED:
  • 4G data connectivity has been improved
  • Voice call performance has been improved
  • Fixed Bluetooth audio issue when device is connected on Wi-Fi
  • Fixed the SMS issue
  • Fixed data disconnect issue when using VPN
My first reaction...
y-u-no-lollipops.jpg

I have rooted my phone as well. Install fails each time. The annoying part is that i keep getting prompted to install, its super annoying. does anyone have a solution?

I have rooted my phone as well. Install fails each time. The annoying part is that i keep getting prompted to install, its super annoying. does anyone have a solution?

Freeze SDM. I saw that in another thread.

I did it and it stopped the prompting for the update.

Back
Top Bottom