• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New User - New Hero Copy Cat

hiway

Nov 8, 2009
Don't want to make a new thread and the title applies me also. I've had the hero for about a week and a half now. Thankfully it recently has been behaving better. Had serious touch screen interface problems for the first few days (even after calibrations!) and all of a sudden it seems to work now (odd I know).

Well anyway, still not quite sold on a pure touch phone and been researching other options. Really tempted by the Droid, but the cost (ouch!) of the phone and Verizon's plans vs. my huge 25 percent off on Sprint service it's hard to justify.

Been researching the HTC Touch Pro 2. Very nice and slick looking phone in person (besides the sprint odd choice in back plate). I think I read somewhere that it's possible to wipe out windows mobile and switch to android 2 in the future so might consider that. Ebay seems to have pretty decent prices considering the higher cost of them with sprint anyway.

Well I have rambled and just wanted to officially say hello without lurking anymore.

Oh I got Hero to tether once given the "trick", but not once after that. The speeds were awesome for the time it did work though...

Don't want to make a new thread and the title applies me also. I've had the hero for about a week and a half now. Thankfully it recently has been behaving better. Had serious touch screen interface problems for the first few days (even after calibrations!) and all of a sudden it seems to work now (odd I know).

Well anyway, still not quite sold on a pure touch phone and been researching other options. Really tempted by the Droid, but the cost (ouch!) of the phone and Verizon's plans vs. my huge 25 percent off on Sprint service it's hard to justify.

Been researching the HTC Touch Pro 2. Very nice and slick looking phone in person (besides the sprint odd choice in back plate). I think I read somewhere that it's possible to wipe out windows mobile and switch to android 2 in the future so might consider that. Ebay seems to have pretty decent prices considering the higher cost of them with sprint anyway.

Well I have rambled and just wanted to officially say hello without lurking anymore.

Oh I got Hero to tether once given the "trick", but not once after that. The speeds were awesome for the time it did work though...

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Moved you to your own thread for intro as it will isolate you and not confuse you with the OP..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones