• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Variant of Leon

Bichofelix

Android Enthusiast
I had a look at some new devices on prepaid carriers and I seen an LG Sunset. (Not to be confused with the LG Sunrise)

I took a good hard look at the hardware/software and I can conclude it should be compatible with our custom recovery/ROM.

Its identical in every single way.

So if someone has the LG Sunset you CAN try the recovery for the C50 device-builds and it just might work.

Please report back to this thread with your findings.

TWRP does not work for the Sunset, I have be n in touch with an owner of the device

Hello MikeHoncho, nice to see you working on this phone. i have a friend who has the boost tribute 2, which i can confirm to have the same ms8916 or whatever motherboard/chipset that the metropcs variant of the leon has, and it is a c50 device build. my question is, has anyone tried anything with this variant of the leon? My friend has the 10b version of the phone and we've had problems all along the way lol so i just was wondering if its safe to flash. i found this for the tribute 2, but its not populated at all.. any input is appreciated. Thanks again for all of you developers hard work, you guys continue to surprise me! lol thanks again ;)

Back
Top Bottom