• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Newbie needs help please

Hi there

I feel a fool :o

I have had my Samsung Galaxy Ace since March but recently its been saying I had low memory and couldn't even update Whatsapp so sat the other evening pressing lots of buttons and clearing data I didn't think I needed. The next day noticed I had no contacts in my phonebook :( I now have a phonebook but its very very basic (just has a short space for a name and 1 number) instead of being able to have email address's, photo and ring tone different for each person.

I went into the Virgin store today to ask them what I should do, she told me to go onto the Samsung website and update, I've looked on there and I honestly haven't got a clue where to start! I'm not the best person when it comes to phones etc and I'm scared now of doing the wrong thing and even scared of downloading something that might not be free.

Can anyone out there understand what I've foolishly done and suggest how to get my original phonebook back (I know probably won't get my contacts back but I can add them again, just want the original phonebook back)

Thanks in advance, Dyan
top.gif

Hi there

I feel a fool :o

I have had my Samsung Galaxy Ace since March but recently its been saying I had low memory and couldn't even update Whatsapp so sat the other evening pressing lots of buttons and clearing data I didn't think I needed. The next day noticed I had no contacts in my phonebook :( I now have a phonebook but its very very basic (just has a short space for a name and 1 number) instead of being able to have email address's, photo and ring tone different for each person.

I went into the Virgin store today to ask them what I should do, she told me to go onto the Samsung website and update, I've looked on there and I honestly haven't got a clue where to start! I'm not the best person when it comes to phones etc and I'm scared now of doing the wrong thing and even scared of downloading something that might not be free.

Can anyone out there understand what I've foolishly done and suggest how to get my original phonebook back (I know probably won't get my contacts back but I can add them again, just want the original phonebook back)

Thanks in advance, Dyan
top.gif

Looks like your phone is adding contacts in SIM only instead of the phone memory.
Check if you still have your google account entered in the accounts and sync in the settings menu.
Check the display options in the contacts app and see if the phone contacts is enabled or not. If i am right then most probably you have set your phone to save all contacts in SIM card by default, because only the contact name and numbers gets stored on SIM. You can get your contacts back from google if you had sync your phonebook before loosing them.

Ayush is right. Also without using the Google account you can simply import your contacts again from SIM to phone. After opening contacts just press menu softkey left from the home button and then import from SIM-card.

:D:D All I can say is THANK YOU!! :D:D

You are right, I've done as you suggested and its worked!!

Very happy now - why didn't the lady at the Virgin shop tell me that ??

Anyway, very happy with this forum, I asked one question and you've solved my problem.

Thanks again xx

Back
Top Bottom