• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gudus1183

Lurker
I got an android phone a little over a year ago and a friend told me about go launcher for themes does anyone have any advice as far as pros and cons or suggestions for a different app to change themes?

I use Nova Launcher Prime.

Toggle top line of notifications on and off.
Backup configuration settings and restore them to another device or system version after a Factory Data Reset.
Hide ore0install software I don't like without being root0ed.
More.

... Thom

I like nova also.

Lag?....That's hard to answer. Lag depends on your device and what running services are present, and your perceptions. I can say nova is the most used 3rd party launcher today...probably indicates it causes no problems on MOST devices but again mileage varies by specific phone etc. It is known for its features and ease of use but not necessarily for being "light" (low memory footprint). Foot print and resource usage also depends on what you put on home particularly widgets. There are other 3rd party launchers that tout themselves as light launchers well suited for low phones.

I have an s4...don't notice any lag problems with nova. Do notice general lag occasionally which starts several days after reboot. . I set a reminder to reboot every day at a convenient time vand that keeps me running smooth.

nova had setting for aggressive desktop which presumably would decrease any lag for launcher but might claim more higher priority memory and make other apps more likely to lag (again depending on those factors).

I've never used go, but if you search around, you'll see Go launcher has a bad reputation. As I recall concerns with privacy and with "bloat" and maybe ads. Even if you don't choose nova, I'd avoid go.

Last edited:
I used to use the GO Launcher but they eventually got to pushy with their own self promotion and not allowing me to at least hide it (and this was on the paid version). I switched to Nova and have been quite happy with it. I should probably just upgrade to Pro although their is only one feature I want and even that I can live without.

Back
Top Bottom