• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newer plan

mrnyjet

Android Enthusiast
New plan from prepaid via Target/brightspot. $35 a month for 300 voice minutes and 3 gb of data.
For those who use more than 100 minutes but do not need unlimited.
Data is less than $30 plan but more than $40-45 plans, and you can refill easily at target , just like when you buy straight talk cards at walmart.

New plan from prepaid via Target/brightspot. $35 a month for 300 voice minutes and 3 gb of data.
For those who use more than 100 minutes but do not need unlimited.
Data is less than $30 plan but more than $40-45 plans, and you can refill easily at target , just like when you buy straight talk cards at walmart.

Looks like they aimed this directly at Virgin Mobile's $35 plan, which is 300 minutes and 2.5 GB.

Brightspot plans page:
https://www.brightspotmobile.com/compare-prepaid-cell-phone-plans

Their Terms don't say what the throttle speed is after reaching your data limit:
...the amount specified in your Data Plan, during the time period associated with certain Data Plans, we may reduce your data speed for the remainder of that time period. If you use your Data Plan in a manner that could interfere with other customers’ service, affect our ability to allocate network capacity among customers, or degrade service quality for other customers, we may suspend, terminate, or restrict your data sessions, or switch you to a more appropriate Data Plan.

I'm on the Tmobile Family Plan for 2 lines: $80/unlimited talk/unlimited text/1gb data each phone. Just switched from the $30 100 min plan/5gb data at 4g.

Had I known about this Target plan, I probably would have taken the Target plan. I am going to see how many voice minutes I use this month. It will depend on the minutes. I don't use over 700MB of data max. Plus, BYOD is available.

I may have to check it out also. It's getting to be a bummer for me on Tmo $30 prepaid. I need more then 100 minutes and GrooveIP/Talkatone is not quite doing it.

300 minutes & 3gb of data is not bad and I can deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom