• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Newly rooted and can't find my ROM

ymmie

So I just rooted flashed TWRP latest and SU. I boot to recovery and none of my folders have anything in them but when I browse files with the system booted they are clearly there. Why don't I see them?

The system folders ARE the ROM. I don't know what you're looking for - a zip file with the name of the ROM?

Download a ROM you want (has to be a .zip file)
If you have cwrm recovery
Go to to flash zip from sdcard
Select the "/0" folder
Find "downloads" there is your downloaded ROM
Have copy of latest gapps to flash alongside if necessary.

I can easily find the ROM I've downloaded via ES File Explorer. When I boot to recovery (TWRP) I navigate to the location I've downloaded it to and it does not appear to be there.

Found the problem. The file was named xxxxx.zip.gooddownload. I removed the .gooddownload from the file name and am good to go. Let the fun begin.

Glad to hear you figured it out. The recovery will only show zip files.

Its still very strange that it had an extension at the end. :confused: How did you download it and where did you download it from?

Glad to hear you figured it out. The recovery will only show zip files.

Its still very strange that it had an extension at the end. :confused: How did you download it and where did you download it from?

GooManager at first. It failed to install so I downloaded from the links provided at XDA and it still failed. BTW it was the Cataclysm ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2518660. I downloaded the SlimKat ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2511512 and it flashed just fine.

I wonder if the .goodownload is just a temporary extension for the download in progress? Having failed, it did not delete the data it did download but never made it to the point of renaming back to .zip once completed. The easiest thing would be to check the file size, and then MD5 if they are the same size before flashing. It's a bad idea trying to force something to flash

I wonder if the .goodownload is just a temporary extension for the download in progress? Having failed, it did not delete the data it did download but never made it to the point of renaming back to .zip once completed. The easiest thing would be to check the file size, and then MD5 if they are the same size before flashing. It's a bad idea trying to force something to flash

That's exactly what happened. Goo stinks. I never download anything hosted by them anymore.

Back
Top Bottom