• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

News From Sprint on EVO

What I dont get is how they say Sprint only sold 150,000 or so EVO's.

I live in NJ, and my Radio Shack....which isnt even a major branch, had 25 EVO's(Including Preorders) on Launch day and sold every single one. And I saw the list myself, so I know there were 25.

Infact the District manager was in that same store when I was there, and was spouting out #'s in all Eastern Districts to the Rep I was buying the phone from.

Mind you this is all at 8:30 AM....something just doesnt add up to me about the #'s.

Upvote 0
no quality issues here, friend. but i see what you mean.

I hear you and that's awesome that you got a good quality phone. I got lucky with my pre at launch too and it's still working flawlessly. It's just after all the horror stories I read about the bad pre's at launch I'm very leery about buying the first run of any phone anymore. Although reading about how much fun you guys are having is torture.

Upvote 0
Awesome news! I'm waiting for this first run to be exausted before I buy the phone. Hopefully when things slow down a bit more the quality control will go up. I really can't wait to get it and get rid of my launch day pre.

Dude I am in the same boat, and I really learned my lesson with the launch day Pre. This phone has been a pretty lame duck.

Hopefully I can hold out. The impulse urge is super strong. :)

Upvote 0
no quality issues here, friend. but i see what you mean.

Two guys in my office got the Evo at launch. One has an annoying "screen flare" where the LCD is brighter in a certain spot. Not a deal breaker but pretty lame. Another has speaker quality issues.

I'm not trashing on the EVO, because I want one. But I am going to let the first couple runs of the product pass on by. QA should hopefully go up.

Upvote 0
Read the part where those that want the HTC Incrediable have to wait intill July 8. Instead of buying stock with Sprint thinking HTC might be better.

Unfortunately they are not traded on any of the US markets. They are traded on the Taiwan stock exchange if you are really interested. Not sure but I have read that shares are pricey.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones