• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Next ota release date?

The Razr as of right now is pretty solid, especially after that last update that helped out the camera shutter!

I'd deff expect to see one more update before ICS though...And as it stands now ICS isn't expected for a few months on the Razr anyway, so they have plenty of time to tinker!

I do however wonder what ICS will look like on the Razr?

Upvote 0
The Razr as of right now is pretty solid, especially after that last update that helped out the camera shutter!

I'd deff expect to see one more update before ICS though...And as it stands now ICS isn't expected for a few months on the Razr anyway, so they have plenty of time to tinker!

I do however wonder what ICS will look like on the Razr?
The leaked 2.3.6 is even better, as far as adding useful features and stability go. The 3g/4g handoff the previous OTA was supposed to help with is really good now--folks are reporting handoff lags worst case taking a few seconds when it took tens of seconds on the OTA fix. Also, they apparently fixed the hotspot issue, the camera works even better (for example the panoramic stitching is pretty decent now), and added useful stuff like auto upload to your PC when you take a picture (either instantly if you have the unlimited data, or wifi only type options.)

Upvote 0
I agree 2.3.6 is by far the best yet..data still drops for me,but not nearly as often as before,and it picks it right back up shortly after dropping..The only negative I see (and it doesnt affect me) is those who used smart actions to kill there data...the new version removed that option,now it just stops background syncing as an option..I could never use it reliably,I mean it really helped battery life having data off with screen off,however best case took 30 seconds to restore data when i turned the screen on,and usually it took over a minute,or wouldnt get data at all....so i never could use it anyway...some people claimed to love that feature..its gone...apparently Moto seen it wasnt picking up data fast enough and pulled it ..

Upvote 0
I agree 2.3.6 is by far the best yet..data still drops for me,but not nearly as often as before,and it picks it right back up shortly after dropping..The only negative I see (and it doesnt affect me) is those who used smart actions to kill there data...the new version removed that option,now it just stops background syncing as an option..I could never use it reliably,I mean it really helped battery life having data off with screen off,however best case took 30 seconds to restore data when i turned the screen on,and usually it took over a minute,or wouldnt get data at all....so i never could use it anyway...some people claimed to love that feature..its gone...apparently Moto seen it wasnt picking up data fast enough and pulled it ..

That is interesting about the change to Smart Actions. Some ppl reported it going haywire after the OTA. And on mine and a few ppl's phones...after the update for some insane reason mobile data was disabled in the Settings area. Maybe it had to do with SA.

I havent flashed this leak yet, may do it today.

Upvote 0
Not sure what you are referring to--I still can kill both background sync AND cellular data with the new smart actions... If anything, the action list got a little longer.

Upvote 0
i got my update this morning around like 5:45

from i heard from a verizon rep motorola has to wait 6 weeks for the nexus to be out before they can release or hint at ICS

You got it OTA?? If so please post a screenshot of your About Phone page under Settings, or write it all down. Specifically System Version, Android Version, Baseband, kernel, and build...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones