• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Next ota release date?

There is an unofficial update to 2.3.6 (or 6.12.173, depends on how you look at those things) floating around. To ME, that implies that Moto is working on pushing something to us prior to ICS.
http://androidforums.com/razr-all-t...cial-update-6-12-173-xt912-verizon-en-us.html

@rankman

Click on the link above and you will go to another tread. On that thread the OP has a link to another thread where you can find the instructions and files on how to install the leak and downgrade back to the most recent update. I'm running the leak right now and I used the downgrade file just to test it out and it worked. Then I reinstalled the leak with no problems.

With the downgrade file you do the same thing as the leak, put it on your SDcard.ext folder, reboot into stock recovery, install from SD card, let it do its thang, then boom! Back to 2.3.5! Don't have to wipe either all your settings will be intact. I wipe when installing any leak but I did do it without wiping and it worked.

Make sure u read all instructions and read all the responses before you attempt. The file is somewhere on that post. Good luck!

Does reverting back involve rsd lite or something if so is there an easier way?

Sorry I don't have the link, but basically in the same thread on xda you can download a zip file to revert back. You simply boot into stock recovery and apply the revert zip, and bango presto you are back to .748.

You for sure will need to use OTA root keeper when bouncing back and forth, and to keep root when the OTA comes out. I suspect we may see another soak test soon.

I suspect the 2.3.6 ota should be here within a week since soak test invites are being sent now. For the last soak test the distribution to the volunteers started about 2 days after the invite and the ota started about 3 days after the soak test started from what I recall.

Ok so is that downgrade link the original software not including the first maintenance release? I downloaded it moved It to SD card but I want to make sure if I install that will I than receive the ota update Motorola is sending me? Or can I keep this one

There is 2 downgrade files in that post. One takes you to the original software when the Razr was released. The other takes you to the first and latest official update that happened recently. If you have all the bloat and original software and didn't delete or freeze any apps with root then you should be fine. If anything fails you can always downgrade to the original software and factory reset to get the official update when it is released.

Don't worry with the support we have on this forum and all the other forums they will have a way to get the official update one way or another.

Thanks! I downgraded and I am back to the first maintenance release so I'm awaiting the official one for Motorola in the upcoming day or so :) the update actually fixed my data drop issue and added battery life aswell but since the official official one is here I thought to hurry back to what I had.

Back
Top Bottom