• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 6p on lock apps

A

Android Question

Hey guys is it possible to use virtual lock button and using the finger print sensor to unlock the phone? Cause I've used a lock button app so that can save the power button on my phones, but the problem is that the finger print doesn't recognize my finger. It only works well when I use the power button to lock the phone then use the sensor. Gravity screen app doesn't work too.

Using any third party to trigger a lockscreen action will disable the fingerprint scanner. This is for security purposes. Basically, use the lock button or forget about the fingerprint scanner.

Honestly, I don't understand this 'saving the power button' or 'saving the home button' craze. Sure iPhones were known to break theirs. I've never heard of Androidd having such problems. In my own experience, at home we have a 6 year old Galaxy S, a 6 year old Galaxy Fit, a 3 year old Galaxy S3, a 3 year old Galaxy S3 mini, a 3 yeat old Note 2, a 3 year old Tab 3 7.0, and a 2 year old Tab 4 7.0, and none of them are having home button or power button problems despite being in use since the day they were bought. Yes they are still in use today. My mom keeps 4 phone numbers on different networks, hence she just asks for our old phones for them.

Reactions: ASE16
Upvote 0
Using any third party to trigger a lockscreen action will disable the fingerprint scanner. This is for security purposes. Basically, use the lock button or forget about the fingerprint scanner.

Honestly, I don't understand this 'saving the power button' or 'saving the home button' craze. Sure iPhones were known to break theirs. I've never heard of Androidd having such problems. In my own experience, at home we have a 6 year old Galaxy S, a 6 year old Galaxy Fit, a 3 year old Galaxy S3, a 3 year old Galaxy S3 mini, a 3 yeat old Note 2, a 3 year old Tab 3 7.0, and a 2 year old Tab 4 7.0, and none of them are having home button or power button problems despite being in use since the day they were bought. Yes they are still in use today. My mom keeps 4 phone numbers on different networks, hence she just asks for our old phones for them.

Thanks for helping man, i just noticed the Samsung galaxy note 5 doesn't seem to affect while using lock button apps.
You have a point there, im just used to the lock button apps. just convenient, like using on screen button than capacitive/ hardware home buttons. It feels intuitive, but it's subjective though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones