• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 7 at Best Buy?

If you don't want to order it through the Google Store, just buy it at Wal-Mart. I was at Best Buy about a month ago asking for a replacement Nexus 7 (I know, I know, that was stupid going to BB, but my first one, a white 8GB model from Google I/O was sold to an impatient friend who didn't want to wait) and the kid working there told me that,"We don't carry the Nexus 7 because they don't sell." I asked him jokingly if that is what his supervisors told him, and he replied "No, that's what I know for a fact. Google can't get rid of them." So I slowly backed away, fearing that some of this seemingly wanton ignorance, lying, and sheer stupidity would drift over and get on me and said "Well, you definitely can't sell something you don't carry."
There are a few Wal-Marts in my area, so I just checked online for in-store stock on my phone in BB's parking lot, drove down the road, and bought one. The guy in Wal-Mart said that they were selling like crazy (I got the last one before the next shipment came in).

TL;DR Try Wal-Mart, I know for a fact they carry the Nexus 7, I bought one there myself. You can check most, if not all Wal-Marts online to see if they have any in stock.

I went in and asked a "Geek Squad" employee if he had any USB-OTG cables or adapters in stock, he checked the computer and said yeah, we have those. I thought awesome I do not have to buy one online!...We went over the usb cable section and he handed me a micro usb charging/data cable. I figured easy mistake, so I told him its a male micro usb on one end and a female full sized usb connector on the other end. When I tell you he had a look on his face like he just found the holy grail...it was was worse than that. Then he began to tell me that they do not exist since he has never seen one...I pulled out my GS3 and showed him Amazon; he was upset and told me to order it online then.

The sad part is i used to work for Best Buy in computer sales going back about 8 years ago, and we were proud of our cutting edge knowledge, now its just crap.

at least they got u something comparable. i asked for one when i was looking for them and the guy said "yeah and i know right where they are too!" i thought sweet first try! lol he took me over to the tv section and handed me a mini hdmi to hdmi adapter.... havent been back since...

Well, the folks at my local Best Buy knew what they were, wanted to sell them, but they couldn't get them in stock, and didn't know if they would ever come in for sale.

I did something similar to what ninedragons did. I sat at home searching the web and pinging stock at my local Staples and the one Walmart in my area. When a store indicated stock, I called to verify (since many of the online stock levels are very inaccurate). I then zoomed down to my local Walmart and picked up my new bundle of joy...

When I asked it was usually "yeah I thunk we have thay lemme go check" and when they got back on the phone they'd ask if I meant the Samsung galaxy whatever tab and I'd have to explain that its a nexus device made by asus

I was bummed that it wasn't sold at Best Buy, I could have used the Reward Points from it. I ended up getting it from Walmart, which felt weird.

I have been going to futureshop and staples for weeks and they are always out of stock. I gave up and bought one on ebay for 200 (16gb)

You're probably better off going to some other store like Office Depot or Gamestop (I traded in 10 videogames and got over $100 store credit to buy an N7 16gb). I recently went to my local Best Buy and they've got Kindle Fire HDs stacked in their glass cabinets. I asked one of the reps if they were selling like hotcakes. "Nope. Everybody keeps asking if we have Nexus 7 in stock. We always point out the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 or the Kindle Fire HD". Plus, if you even try to shop for an N7 on Amazon Prime, the price overhead is ridiculous. They definitely want you to try to buy the Kindle Fire HD (it's not that bad, but whatever)

Back
Top Bottom