• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 7 LTE still on 4.4.4?

-=Jeff=-

Android Expert
I read of all these updates for 5.0.2, 5.1 and now 5.1.1 for the LTE version

Yet I am still on Kitkat 4.4.4? why have i not received any update for this device??

5.1.1 seems to work well on my Nexus 7 2012 model

odd, you should have been notified for an update right now. Have you done anything to disable auto updates?

You can download the latest firmware for your N7 LTE from the Google Nexus firmware site and flash it manually if you so choose. That's the route I usually take anyway, since my tablet is rooted and won't install an OTA update.

Nope to to my knowledge on disabling updates..

Yeah but flashing manually I will need to start over with all my apps (and a couple games too) since I am not rooted. Unless there is another option..

Nope to to my knowledge on disabling updates..

Yeah but flashing manually I will need to start over with all my apps (and a couple games too) since I am not rooted. Unless there is another option..
Have you unlocked your bootloader? Because you need that to flash factory images, and that wipes data. But if its already unlocked then you can flash without wiping.
If not you can just download the ota update file and adb sideload it. No wiping. If you're not sure how to use adb, just get wugfresh nexus root toolkit and it will do it for you.
http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/
You just need the ota zip files. A google search may find them.
Update: I found the ota zips here
You need the last 3. The files in the right column (deltas)

Last edited:
So I side loaded 5.0.2 then 5.1 then 5.1.1 so fr it seems snappy like 4.4.4 I also noticed my battery does not drain as fast.. (so far)

thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom