• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 7 no OS

AcmeSky

Lurker
I read the different forums on restoring the Nexus 7, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I've read the instructions, but each one talks about turning off the de-bugging USB in the settings. I can't get to the setting because all I see is the Google logo and if I press the power button + volume down I can see Start, Power Down, Restart bootloader, Rediscovery Mode. When I press the rediscovery mode it goes back to the Google logo and then I get the the android guy lying down with a red triangle with an exclamation mark and no wording underneath this. Can anyone walk me through this? I appreciate any help on this. It seem to crash on me when it upgraded to 4.4. This is also displayed:

Fastboot Mode
Product Name - flo
Variant - flo 32G
HW Version - rev_e
Bootloader Version - FLO-04.02
Carrier Info - None
Serial Number -
Signing - yes
Secure Boot - enabled
Lock State - locked

I am facing the exact same problem after update 4.4 with my Nexus 7. Unable to recover or start as described in post above. Grateful for any suggestion for its recovery. Thanks

I am facing the exact same problem after update 4.4 with my Nexus 7. Unable to recover or start as described in post above. Grateful for any suggestion for its recovery. Thanks

I wish I could help. I'm still waiting for a response. I'm still researching on how to restore it.

I am in the middle of the same thing. Like you, I don't have text under the open android with the exclamation mark and can't get to Recovery.

At the moment I'm considering it a dead piece of technology, and a sign that I need to look at new tablets as a replacement.

Just use fastboot to flash a factory IMG. The screen with the list that says recovery and reboot boot loader and such, is boot loader or fastboot mode. An update does not do this, you must have wiped your os. You can always just use a toolkit like wugfresh to restore it. Wugs does it all for you. It downloads and reinstalls everything. A nexus is almost always recoverable.
http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Just use fastboot to flash a factory IMG. The screen with the list that says recovery and reboot boot loader and such, is boot loader or fastboot mode. An update does not do this, you must have wiped your os. You can always just use a toolkit like wugfresh to restore it. Wugs does it all for you. It downloads and reinstalls everything. A nexus is almost always recoverable.
Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.7 | WugFresh

Thanks for the suggestions.

The NRT didn't work for me. It did, however, help me to learn more about the nature of my problem. When I tried to perform the various tasks (unlocking, etc.), it hung at various places and the messages gave me other things to research. In my case, for example, I received a number of "failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)" types of errors. Research on the hangs/freezes and those messages lead me to the conclusion that I could send it off to ASUS for repair, which would involve replacing the system board. But, since I am out of warranty, the warranty service cost would be more than a replacement Nexus 7!

So, I figure I'll hold off for a while, see if the HTC Nexus rumors become fact, and replace my doorstop with a new tablet once it is available.

You have to have all the drivers properly configured. A fastboot flash of the proper factory image will almost always fix a software related problem. If it is hardware related however, it won't.

Back
Top Bottom