• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus holding its value(on verizon)

hurricane630

I was bored and trolling the VZW website looking at phones and accessories(I have a Gnex) And I realized that the Nexus and Maxx are the only things holding value. Bionic down to $99 after 5 months($200 drop seems like a lot in 5 months, especially since it is still top of the line specs and 4g) and Spectrum is at $99 after a month. I just thought it was interesting.

Mods: sorry if this should be in the lounge, but I wasn't sure since it's VZW nexus related.

I really think to see the value of a phone, the third party sellers are a better place to look than Verizon. Amazon in particular. Verizon's pricing policy isn't the most logical in the world.

I really think to see the value of a phone, the third party sellers are a better place to look than Verizon. Amazon in particular. Verizon's pricing policy isn't the most logical in the world.

Agree, they could pricing the GNex like that to protect sales of the MAXX as that is the only real competition.

The RAZR hasn't dropped because people are buyingit . Not because it is the best phone, but because VZW is marketing the crap out of it. People walk into a store wanting a RAZR even if they don't know why or what else is available. The same reason they buy an iPhone.

The Nexus also hasn't dropped because people are buying it. Partly because it's simply the best phone available on any carrier, and partly because it's the only device running 4.0. The people that refuse to buy anything running an old version of Android will buy it regardless of the price.

"We have the new Razr Maxx, the battery lasts forever, we also have the Rezound which is the most powerful phone we have and it has an HD screen. But you and everyone else that comes on here ends up buying the Nexus" says the VZW employee.

the nexus hasn't dropped because it is selling. even without any advertising, people usually are going to test out phones before they buy them and test the competition. and once people get their hands on a nexus, the other phones just dont compare.

The people that refuse to buy anything running an old version of Android will buy it regardless of the price.
In all honesty though, how many people is that? In the grand scheme of things that number is SUPER low. From my experience people, either dont care or have no idea what the new OS is like. People that look at the Razr and people that look at the nexus see nothing but a phone that is like an Iphone. They dont see Gingerbread or ICS. In fact most people I talk to think I randomly starting talking about food in the middle of a phone conversation. Unless you are a big Android person, the differences between any Android OS version is invisible. The difference between IOS and Android is nearly invisible. The mass public is looking something that popular and nice looking. Not what OS its running.

In all honesty though, how many people is that? In the grand scheme of things that number is SUPER low. From my experience people, either dont care or have no idea what the new OS is like. People that look at the Razr and people that look at the nexus see nothing but a phone that is like an Iphone. They dont see Gingerbread or ICS. In fact most people I talk to think I randomly starting talking about food in the middle of a phone conversation. Unless you are a big Android person, the differences between any Android OS version is invisible. The difference between IOS and Android is nearly invisible. The mass public is looking something that popular and nice looking. Not what OS its running.

I agree, for the vast majority of people, the most they know about the OS is one is Apple, and one is "Droid".

Not EXACTLY related to the thread at hand...but I saw a story on Android Central or Phandroid that Big Red is offering their top tier Android devices (Nexus included) for free to "loyal customers".

This is a phishing scam. Don't believe for a minute that Big Red is going to be giving the GNex away to ANYONE! If so, there's going to be a lot of honked-off "loyal customers" who paid top dollar when the phone first came out!

How they got the email addresses of Verizon customers is beyond me. Just remember, "If if sounds to good to be true, it PROBABLY IS".

This is a phishing scam. Don't believe for a minute that Big Red is going to be giving the GNex away to ANYONE! If so, there's going to be a lot of honked-off "loyal customers" who paid top dollar when the phone first came out!

How they got the email addresses of Verizon customers is beyond me. Just remember, "If if sounds to good to be true, it PROBABLY IS".

Saw that earlier when I went back and read through the comments. Kind of a shame that Phandroid hasn't updated that article. Anywho...doesn't matter in a few days I'll have my Nexus in hand...even if I DID have to pay for it.

:D