• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus S/2 Name Reasoning

CzarMatt

Video Here

Looks like Google CEO Schmidt shows off the Nexus S and adds:

"I said there would never be a Nexus Two. I said Two. There is a similarity between an S and a 2."

Clever reasoning behind the naming convention...

Perhaps it has nothing to do with the Galaxy S series but could fall in the same line of them releasing on multiple carriers. Each carrier has a Galaxy S with a sub-name (ex. Vibrant, Captivate, etc.). Maybe the Nexus S will have a lineup on each carrier with similar sub-naming conventions?

You guys are all wrong...!!

The reason that Nexus 2 name is changed to Nexus S is because Samsung doesn't want to be #2. Since Nexus ONE is taken by HTC, Samsung wants to stay away from numbering. That's why they go for Nexus S(amsung).

your all wrong its the Nexus S because it stands for

Nexus Side stepped making a better phone or to be more blunt
Nexus Sucks this time around and should have let HTC have it again.

/end rant

your all wrong its the Nexus S because it stands for

Nexus Side stepped making a better phone or to be more blunt
Nexus Sucks this time around and should have let HTC have it again.

/end rant

wow, that would be an alternative marketing strategy! :D

im not all that upset really. Just disappointed in the final product. I was at best buy, 35 in stock only 2 people showed to buy one. After having it in my hand re-reading everything, I had to ask myself how much better was it than my captivate and the honest answer was not much. It has a front side camera and 2.3 was it worth 200$ no, the rest of its pretty much the same....broken gps, freezing issues, same essential guts etc.

They truly failed at living up to the Nexus label I had already fell in love with.
Sorry for the earlier rant but the phones a huge let down for me but its totally up to par with the galaxy S models they totally neglected while making it.

suck it samsung.

Back
Top Bottom