• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus S and NFC

mjschmidt

Android Expert
So, I've had my Nexus S for a long time now, and never actually tried NFC. A friend at work has the Samsung Galaxy S2, and we thought we'd give it a try.

We both had NFC enabled. First I tried sending a web page to his S2. Nothing happened. Nothing came up on the screen. Tapped the screen, nothing happened.

Then I tried it with a playlist. Nothing.

A google search was not helpful, so I'm turning to all y'all.

How the heck does one use NFC with a Nexus S to send things to other NFC enabled devices?

So, I've had my Nexus S for a long time now, and never actually tried NFC. A friend at work has the Samsung Galaxy S2, and we thought we'd give it a try.

We both had NFC enabled. First I tried sending a web page to his S2. Nothing happened. Nothing came up on the screen. Tapped the screen, nothing happened.

Then I tried it with a playlist. Nothing.

A google search was not helpful, so I'm turning to all y'all.

How the heck does one use NFC with a Nexus S to send things to other NFC enabled devices?

What software version are the two phones on?

I'm on 4.1.1, and he's using an S2, so I think, 2.3?

But even if his ver doesn't support the connection to mine, shouldn't my device have done something when I tapped the screen? A dialogue box, a warning, some sort of option.

How do I actually use NFC on my Nexus S?

Back
Top Bottom