• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus S cannot connect to PC

bazpaul

Lurker
Hi Guys,

I have an Nexus s on stock running 4.1.2 kernal 3.0.31

I'm only new to smartphones and I think i made a boo-boo. While connect over usb, i turned off mass storage mode and pulled out the cable. I only then realised that I should have safely ejected on Windows 7 before turning off mass storage mode.

Now my computer will not even recognize the device. It pops up "usb device not recognised"

I tried installing the samsung usb drivers - no results

I tried uninstalling some usb ports in device manager in windows and rebooting - no results

I ran Wugs Toolkit and tried each of their steps to install the drivers and it wouldnt work - when windows searched for installed drivers it would find the installed samsung drivers instead it said: ""Windows has located the proper driver for the device - unknown device""

help!!!!! please!!!!

Thanks in advance

you might want to try a different USB port on your PC, or plug it in, go to device manager and uninstall the phone from there, it should appear with a yellow triangle.

also trying a different cord may help.

me personally i have never safely ejected a thing in windows... ever! and i have never had any issues. but maybe im just lucky.

Back
Top Bottom