• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus s doesn't recognize charger

evan95

Lurker
My samsung nexus s won't recognize when a usb cord is plugged in. The charging icon doesn't show up in the notification bar. The phone does charge if I leave it in the charger for a long period of time, it just doesn't recognize that it is charging? Any ideas? It also doesn't recognize when it's plugged into the computer. Phone is updated to android 4.1.1. Any input would be appreciated!

My samsung nexus s won't recognize when a usb cord is plugged in. The charging icon doesn't show up in the notification bar. The phone does charge if I leave it in the charger for a long period of time, it just doesn't recognize that it is charging? Any ideas? It also doesn't recognize when it's plugged into the computer. Phone is updated to android 4.1.1. Any input would be appreciated!
When did this start happening?
Any new apps?
Recent update to v4.1.1?
More details are needed.

Started happening over a month ago, not directly after any new apps or the 4.1.1 update so i don't think that's the problem . Sometimes the charge icon does appear but the battery percentage on the lock screen stays the same and the charge icon sometimes stays on even when the charger is not connected. I tried cleaning out the usb port thoroughly and the problem isn't with the cord or the charger.

I am having similar issues.

Earlier today my Nexus S stopped recognising that it was charging.
It still charges but the charge indicator does not show the lightning bolt and it auto boots when powered off and I connect the charging cable.
It won't connect to PC and my apps won't even register that the charge cable is connected.
I've even turned on the Stay Awake under Developer Options and it still goes into stand by while charging.

I am running version 4.1.2
Baught the phone just a few days ago.(Refurbished)

Aslo, why is there no nini T9 keyboard on this divice?

Back
Top Bottom