• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus S (Google Services) eating my internet

Hi.

My Nexus S always worked fine, but in 2 days it ate all my money downloading almost 3gb of i don't know, on the details of the apps who used it it is Google Services, it didn't update anything, i have few trusted apps in my smartphone, and after that i installed AVG wich didn't report anything wrong.

What's happening?

Thanks

Welcome to Android forums userNexusS! I moved this thread over to the Galaxy S forum where hopefully they can help you out.

I bet you it was from downloading your backed up information. Did you do a factory reset recently? Also, syncing music from Play Music could play a role in that as well.

I know that when I reset my phone, it burns through a few gigabytes of data in the first day downloading all my old apps and syncing my music and backed up data.

Well i didn't do any type of backup, i went to the "usage" and disabled Google Services, that was good, stopped eating my interet, but now i can't access Play store :\

And as i disabled Google Services on the list of the top apps that used my internet, now i can't re-enable Google Services :\

anyone help?

Hello and thanks for your reply.

Is the factory reset the only viable option? Also, how can i do it? Plus, will i lose all my settings and programs?

Thanks.

Hello and thanks for your reply.
Is the factory reset the only viable option?
Maybe not, but it'll definitely fix the issue as it resets the firmware and all settings.
Also, how can i do it? Plus, will i lose all my settings and programs?
Thanks.
You do the reset from the Settings menu. Yes you will loose your settings and apps, but you can easily download the apps again from Google Play. It's a bit of a hassle, but it will fix the issue for sure and you'll be able to get JB v4.1.1 on the phone.

Seems fine to me since i don't have many apps, and apps like "skype" etc keep the info on their servers.
But i need to know how can i back up my sms messages?

EDIT: i just tried over Wi-Fi without factory reset and the download is completed, is installing now. I find it weird it hang up like 5 times on EXACT same spot, with 3G network running fine. It's good i didn't have to reset it, but indeed there was surely an issue and probably not related to my phone/3g connection.

Thanks for the help guys.

EDIT: i just tried over Wi-Fi without factory reset and the download is completed, is installing now. I find it weird it hang up like 5 times on EXACT same spot, with 3G network running fine. It's good i didn't have to reset it, but indeed there was surely an issue and probably not related to my phone/3g connection.
Thanks for the help guys.
If you're still around, I suggest doing a factory reset to start with a clean setup of JB v4.1.1 since you had issues prior to the update. A clean setup reduces the chances of having issues with the firmware.

Back
Top Bottom