• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus S GT-I9023 Locked Out Need Flash Help

tecvoid

Ive googled the crap out of this problem.
A friend of mine's husband died and now she is wanting to use this phone.
Its stuck at the enter google credintials because of too many pattern attempts

So far i have tried to boot into recovery mode by holding volume up and pressing power. When it has the 4 options and i choose recovery it crashes every time.

Since i cannot get past the lock screen i cant go into usb debugging mode to try the only method that seemed promising of flashing ICS.

I really need a push in the right direction, I can almost always find out how to do what i want with enough googling but not this time.

So far i have tried to boot into recovery mode by holding volume up and pressing power. When it has the 4 options and i choose recovery it crashes every time.
What do you mean by 'it crashes'? Are you going into Recovery properly or are you stuck at the bootloader?

Hold "volume up+power" to get to the bootloader menu. From here you can go into the recovery mode and when you see the "triangle screen" press and hold power button and while holding down the power button, quickly press the "volume up" button and the recovery menu will appear.

i think you had a typo about holding power and pressing power but i tried many combonations of home and volumes and pressing power after hitting recovery. but it seems to me that it crashes out and then sits there with the button lights on.

anyone have any ideas on what to do?

i think you had a typo about holding power and pressing power
Actually it wasn't a typo, just the wording making it sound like pressing it twice.
but i tried many combonations of home and volumes and pressing power after hitting recovery. but it seems to me that it crashes out and then sits there with the button lights on.
anyone have any ideas on what to do?
This is a known issue and I experienced it too, so it's sort of 'normal'. The phone is not crashing, the display dims out so you can't see the selection choice, but if you have the SLCD display screen you can hold it near a bright light and you can faintly see the options are still there. On my SAMOLED display screen it was completely black and I had to blindly use the key combo.

To do it blindly, you simply need to press and hold Power button and then tap the Volume Up at the same time on the blank screen with the keys lit and it will go to Recovery menu. From there you can factory reset or update from zip, etc.

A simple google search should have provided this info as there are many pages about the issue.
:)

well at least im on the right track. the bright light isnt working but ill keep trying

any idea how many times to hit vol up?

i hit up dozens of times and nothing happens. if i release power and repress it it has done 2 things:
rebooted to bootloader (the screen i show in video)
or it reboots in normal mode.

sooo close. im hoping it will work while im waiting for a response.

SUCCESS, I ended up following this video blindly and it reset

How to Hard Reset Factory Restore Password Wipe the Samsung Galaxy Nexus by Sprint Tutorial - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom