• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus S major problem; sudden reboot into full-on crash without recovery

MrEltee

Lurker
My phone warranty unfortunately ran out last week, and I was curious if I could do anything to revive the now dead phone, or at least find out why it died.

I was running the latest Jelly Bean version, 4.1.1 and my Nexus S is a GT-I9020T.

This morning while using the phone and trying to send a text message, it suddenly rebooted. Shrugging it off, I tried going into my text messages to finish sending the message, and before I could even do anything the phone tried to reboot once more, this time only managing to show the Google logo before turning off completely.

Since then, I tried booting it, booting it while plugged, removing the battery and inserting it again and booting it, nothing worked. A clerk from my provider tried checking the phone but nothing seemed awry (by eye, at least). The battery was almost full when the incident happened.

Anyone have a clue what happened, and if anything could be done to save my phone?

Back
Top Bottom