• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus S no show for Jelly Bean upgrade.

YelloJac

Lurker
Ok so i stopped using my Nexus S on Koodo about 4 months ago but recently switched back because i could not stand the iPhone. Anyway, from what i read is that Jelly Bean came out for the Nexus S quite awhile ago but my phone seems to think otherwise. Ive tried everything i could find on getting the phone to update OTA but nothing worked. At this point im really getting ticked off. I went to Koodo once and they said that 3 of their employees has received it OTA no problem, but since i didnt get mine i went back and the guy i talked too basically called me a liar and that the Nexus S wasent getting Jelly Bean. Hopefully someone can help as im extremely disapointed and getting quite irratated.

i9020A - IMM76D

from what i read is that Jelly Bean came out for the Nexus S
Yes, JB for the Nexus S I9020a is out. But for some reason a few devices have not been updated - not sure why. But the good news is you can easily update manually without rooting or anything funky - it's all official:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1736645

You can also do the OTA update by clearing the Google Framework services. Or by using CWM recovery. There are several ways of doing it. But since you 'missed' the official OTA update, I suggest doing it manually with the 'update.zip' method. Should work just fine.

By the way, I'm running the latest JB v4.1.2 which came to me OTA. But I leave my phone on 24/7 so that may be a factor.

Yes, JB for the Nexus S I9020a is out. But for some reason a few devices have not been updated - not sure why. But the good news is you can easily update manually without rooting or anything funky - it's all official:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1736645

You can also do the OTA update by clearing the Google Framework services. Or by using CWM recovery. There are several ways of doing it. But since you 'missed' the official OTA update, I suggest doing it manually with the 'update.zip' method. Should work just fine.

By the way, I'm running the latest JB v4.1.2 which came to me OTA. But I leave my phone on 24/7 so that may be a factor.

Ok thanks, but the link doesnt really explain in detail on how to install it. It says to download onto the phones SDcard but i dont see the SDcard file when i have my phone plugged into my pc. Do i just move the file into the main file when my phone first opens on my pc?

Back
Top Bottom