• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus S not recognized by windows USB

pjaspars

Lurker
Problem:
When i connect my Nexus S to a PC via the USB cable windows says "device not recognized". Windows 8 and 7 and different PC's.
In the devicemanager it says " Unknown Device".

Tried:
Updating USB drivers on windows did not solve the problem. Also PDAnet did not bring a solution. Also Google USB drivers installation via Android SDK did not solve the problem. Also tried different USB Cables. Also completely reinstalled the NEXUS S (to factory settings).

Goal:
I want to use the NExus S as an SDcard/storagedevice. (At this moment I want to copy recorded video's from my Nexus to a PC because the video's do not come through via Google+ automatic upload/backup).

Hopeless! Can anyone help?

I honestly think it sounds like something wrong with your Windows installation, or extremely poor USB cables (very old, or not fully wired) being used.

I've never had to install any software for the Nexus S, that's one of the reasons I like it.

When you plug the device in, does the phone give you the USB icon at the top, and Android system messages about enabling USB storage?

It does not. the phone wakes up if it is asleep, starts charging, nothing else. As if it was plugged into a charger. Looking as the port, it looks fine, nothing bent out of shape or anything.

I have an identical nexus S right next to it which works as expected: plugging in brings up a notification to enable USB Storage.

Back
Top Bottom