• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus S stuck in Boot Loop

OK so yesterday I was at the gym listening to a podcast as I do all the time. Suddenly the podcast just stopped. I looked at my Nexus S and its rebooting. I thought "ok that's a little weird" but its not like Its never done that before. Only this time it gets to the colorfull X freezes and reboots. I'm thinking well that's not good I'm stuck in a bootloop. I'm running Jellybean. I have all the important stuff backed up. But I have some recordings on the sd card I would like to get off. I've gone to all the forums but nothing really has helped.

As I said I'm running Jellybean. I have never rooted my phone or used a custom mod and the lock state is unlocked. And no its not second hand I got it from t-mobile 18 months ago.
I've gone to the fastboot mode bootloader. It gives me 4 options Reboot Bootloader, Reboot, Recovery and Power Off.
Reboot Bootloader just brings me right back to this screen.
Reboot just takes me right back into the Bootloop.
Recovery takes me to a screen with the robot on his back with the hood open and the red ! in a triangle with no options. It sits like that for a bit then goes back into the bootloop.
Power Off just well you know turns the screen black and nothing happens.

Any help would be great. Thanks guys.

:confused:

Im no expert,but i had the same problem with a nexus 7. You are doing everything right,but to get the commands on recovery mode when you get the red triangle over the robot you should press and hold power off then press volume up once. After that you should be able to see a command promt and you know what to do.

^^ This is correct. The "dead" android with the red "!" is the stock recovery. Once you see this, push power + vol up and that will bring up the normal menu for recovery.

Thanks metbreg1 for stating simply and clearly the method to get to the commands in recovery mode. I was always holding both and waiting for something to happen. You have been the only post in many I have searched about this problem to state "PRESS UP VOLUME "ONCE"".
Hopefully I can still save my S now.

Mikey!

Back
Top Bottom