• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help NFC...yes or No

Mutant04

Hi All,

after searching the net I think I have a part answer to this question, however thought I'd post just get (hopefully) some feedback.

On Saturday I got a Smartphone Magazine and in the magazine was a advert for the S2 on sale at Clove. This ad stated 'Near Field Communication (NFC) ready'

However I have read on various sites that the UK verson of S2 does not have NFC. (Why I don't know).

If this is true, then is this ad false advertising:confused:

Also if there is no NFC, does anyone know why it was not included?

As far as I am aware, the current SGS2 phones that are out do NOT have the NFC. They may have the capability to use it but for whatever reason do not offer the functionality. If you look at the 'advert' at the bottom of every page on this forum (on my PC atl east), i quote

Samsung's first huge Android sensation was the Samsung Galaxy S. Now, with the Samsung Galaxy S2, the company ushers in a lot of incremental updates that will please consumers and improve on an already excellent device. With a 4.3-inch Super Amoled Plus Screen, 1GHz Dual Core processor, 8MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera for video chat, 1080p recording and playback, and NFC capabilities, the S2 is a welcome update to the Galaxy family

It is being reported that next month, the NFC version will be released.

Other people more clued up may be able to give a better answer but that's my two peneth's worth

Back
Top Bottom