• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NFL 2024

I read something the other day that Amazon was going to pay 150 million for exclusive playoff game or games rights, meaning if you don't have Amazon Prime you're screwed. I don't have Amazon Prime so I'll be screwed.
Just expect at least 1 playoff game being on a streaming only service from here on out, bouncing in between Peacock and Amazon year after year or until everything goes to streaming :rolleyes: It's only going to get worse. Look for CBS to try and have a Paramount + only game here soon. The future looks expensive to watch the NFL.

Upvote 0
Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0
Daggum! That's terrible! It's cold in that stadium if you are in the shade in November. I can't imagine -4°. I don't know how many are amputation candidates but one is too many. That's a high price to pay to be a fan. It's a great reason for a new stadium but I don't think it's to be covered if it's built.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Last two year comparison:
Kenny 4,474 yds, 13 td, 13 int
Russel 6,794 yds, 42 td, 17 int

I don't think the Steelers care if they piss Kenny off. If he's going to make it in the NFL, he's got to do some vast improving. His stats are absolutely staggeringly terrible!

Where Kenny Pickett ranks among NFL QBs in history​

• 1.9% touchdown percentage (265th — Last)
  • 9.9 passing yards per completion (t-264th)
  • 6.2 pass yards per attempt (246th)
  • 66.6% on-target pass percentage (59th among 61 qualifying QBs** since 2019)
  • 44% air-yard success rate (87th among 117 qualifying QBs** since 2006)
  • 27% of passing plays resulting in a first down (163rd among 177 qualifying QBs** since 1991)
  • 13.8% touchdown drive percentage (124 among 148 qualifying QBs** since 2000)

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
I wish DangeRuss well as he gets aboard with Steelers, but he sure did fail his promise in Denver. At the beginning I, a Broncos fan, was excited for a proven winner - who beat Denver in SB - might revive the QB position, presuming his prior experience could let him rapidly adapt to a new team. But he seemed to be unable to learn a new system with either Hackett or Payton, and it was agonizing to see him dueling with Payton all season. Now he will have to learn a 3rd new system under a 3rd offensive coach, all atop the burden of proving '22 & '23 aren't omens for his future performance.

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Basically gave the guy away....

Screenshot_20240316_175608_X.jpg

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
I'm hoping Kenny gets it together. His college stats were good. His time with the Steelers was dismal. He is almost like a duck out of water. Either it was a bad fit, the O coordinator didn't know how to best use his skills, or the game really was too fast for him at the pro level. I hate to see the kid washed out. I think he's better than that.

Upvote 0
I personally think the players disliked Mitch. They sure seemed to like Mason Rudolph. They played hard for him and busted buns to protect him.

Could be. Mason Rudolph did a good job taking the Steelers to the playoffs and did okay in the playoffs. Mitch is back with the Bills again as a backup to Josh Allan. If he was a cancer in the clubhouse, I doubt the Bills would take him back. I wish the Bears didn't dump Mitch. He was well like here.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Justin Fields now. He had 3 years here in Chicago and we sat in the cellar. The one thing that really bothered me about Fields was I never saw any emotion from him. Maybe it will be different now with the Steelers

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones