• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No announcement today at CTIA :(

taylormah

I was hoping CTIA would bring the good news of some time frame when to expect US versions of this device. Was waiting for it since MWC. Heavily disappointed :(

Hope Samsung shares some good info before the end of CTIA!

i was hoping for the same, my friend. was pretty bummed/disappointed that they mentioned absolutely nothing while they were on stage.
that's okay, though. i'll prob pick up a G2X and upgrade to a new SGS2 down the road IF i'm not completely satisfied with the G2X, but i'm thinking i will be. finally someone released a dual-core 4" screen device in the states WITHOUT a qHD screen and STOCK Android. i don't think it gets much better than that, tbh :)

I was very disappointed too isn't there some late event tonight that maybe they could be announcing it. I can hope at least :-)

Yeah!! It kind of indirectly means 3-5 months of wait time before we see it. One phone I have been drooling over even in my dreams for past 2 months and I still have to wait another quarter to half year to own it?!##!? That is simply ........... painful!!!

Can anyone present at CTIA ask samsung folks about it please??

Today was first day of CTIA and they probably chose to focus on new tabs on the first day. I hope they talk about new phones tomorrow. If not, yeah it's bummer.

i was hoping for the same, my friend. was pretty bummed/disappointed that they mentioned absolutely nothing while they were on stage.
that's okay, though. i'll prob pick up a G2X and upgrade to a new SGS2 down the road IF i'm not completely satisfied with the G2X, but i'm thinking i will be. finally someone released a dual-core 4" screen device in the states WITHOUT a qHD screen and STOCK Android. i don't think it gets much better than that, tbh :)

It has T-mobile AWS AND At&t bands too! >_<!

I was refreshing the blog coverage on Engadget this morning. Then they said "We're done!" and I was like WTH. The new Galaxy Tabs are sexy though. They really meant it when they said the Ipad2 skeered them into fixing their shortcomings, mainly the loss of the anorexic crown to Apple, and turned it around so quickly too. Hopefully the iPhone5 will skeer them into releasing the SGS2 a bit faster or find some way to tweak those pesky manufacturing issues.

Hopefully the iPhone5 will skeer them into releasing the SGS2 a bit faster or find some way to tweak those pesky manufacturing issues.
Hopefully though not at the cost at which it left the present SGS when it was released to counteract against the then newly released i-Phone4.

Samsung made huge errors pushing the SGS out to go against the i-Phone4.
They can't be seen to get it wrong a second time......... we hope!

I think we all know they'll eventually come but hearing and reading a confirmation would be a big relief. I was telling myself it's between this phone and the Evo II before they even showed the Evo II/3D. The design took away for me in the Evo 3D. And Sammy just brings that awesome quality and design. The Galaxy S line to me is something like the iPhone. It's something you can hold on to until the successor, or even end of contract and be satisfied. I wouldn't even get rid of the old one if I upgraded to the next one . I also hope the US variants don't come with Tegra and Super Clear LCD like rumors say. That won't be bad but it takes away as to why you initially went for the device. It's so much to say about the device. It has so much power but in a sleek sexy ass form factor. It makes you wonder why other phones are so damn thick. Some people feel sleek is cheap but it's not. They just bring it all together. even though it's skinned it's not bad. It performs so well and the screen is amazing. It even takes touch to another level. Makes it so responsive. The dual core of their own helps in that as well. Only phone I know or company I know that is as fluid as the iPhone in comparison. I mean browsing and touches etc. Others are good but you notice a slight hence. See they don't just add beefy specks. They have it unite to play nicely. That's quality. That's a day to day use.

512 MB of RAM and almost half as much storage potential as the S2 = huge MEH and the fact that Tmobile's network may not work next year

512 MB of RAM and almost half as much storage potential as the S2 = huge MEH and the fact that Tmobile's network may not work next year

Like said before, the G2x has both carrier bands so it will most likely work with AT&T's HSPA+ as well. Some people don't like 4.3" so 4.0" is perfect. The weight has a more premium feel. And most of all, it is actually announced right now, and will most likely come sooner and be cheaper. RAM don't mean much, especially when a sluggish device like the Atrix with 1GB will be beat by the zippy stock Android on the G2x. Storage only needs to be as big as you need it.

-OPTIMUS 2X DEFENSE SQUAD - GRUNT

Back
Top Bottom