• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No Data Service after phone upgrade on account.

rofam

Lurker
Apr 22, 2013
Hello all,
I was wondering if I could get some help with my HTC Evo 4g on sprint network. My wife went to the store and upgraded her phone and since then I have no Data service. I am rooted and not sure that calling sprint would do much good. Thought I would start here and see if someone a lot smarter than I, could help me out with returning data service to my phone. I am running a ported cm9 if that is necessary in knowing. Thanks for all the help

rofam

Hello and welcome rofam!
I don't think I understand correctly. Your wife upgraded her phone and now you have no data service on your Evo 4g? Nothing was done to your phone? Are you 2 on the same plan I assume?
The fact you are rooted does not matter to Sprint. However, if you plan to call Sprint about your issue, you will need to be on a Sense rom if they need you to enter some "##" (read, pound/pound) codes in your dialer.
The rom you are on is an AOSP rom and usually AOSP roms do not have that function.

We can help you out if you need a sense rom such as MikG. Just make a nandroid backup of your current rom, flash MikG if you need to call Sprint. Then, nand back to your cm rom.

I will move your thread into the root forum for the Evo 4g for you too:)

I just wanted to make sure I understood your question correctly first :p

Upvote 0
^ Good call Mike. :)

Before you call Sprint could you could try something just to see if it will work.

When you flash a sense rom turn on your WiFi, then go under Menu / Settings / About Phone and try to do a PRL update, then a Profile Update. See if that will restore Data.

If not, might be time to call Sprint.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones