• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No group ringtones?

km2002

Since my Galaxy S8 got Pied, none of the group ringtones work in the OEM contact handler. Either I set ringtones individually, which is a pain, or I go with the default ringtone, also a pain. Anything out there by which I can get group ringtones back?

TIA

do you have zedge? its great for notification sounds, ringtones, wallpapers and more. i was able to set a groupo sound sound using zedge.

have you gone into your group text>three dots (top right corner)>select notification>sound and select your notification soind?

do you have zedge? its great for notification sounds, ringtones, wallpapers and more. i was able to set a groupo sound sound using zedge.

have you gone into your group text>three dots (top right corner)>select notification>sound and select your notification soind?

Sorry to take so long to get back to this. Yes, I've done the three-dot thing numerous times. No happy. Just got another system upgrade this morning; but I haven't determined yet whether it was an Android update or (as I suspect) a Samsung update, the latter of which I suspect will have no impact on the group ringtone business; but I could be wrong. I haven't tried to impose a group ringtone since I got the update. And I haven't tried Zedge; but I just downloaded it; so perhaps I shall see.

Sorry to take so long to get back to this. Yes, I've done the three-dot thing numerous times. No happy. Just got another system upgrade this morning; but I haven't determined yet whether it was an Android update or (as I suspect) a Samsung update, the latter of which I suspect will have no impact on the group ringtone business; but I could be wrong. I haven't tried to impose a group ringtone since I got the update. And I haven't tried Zedge; but I just downloaded it; so perhaps I shall see.
ok keep us posted....i love zedge. there is so much you can do in that app to personalize your phone.

Zedge does not seem to be the solution to my problem. It does not recognize the ringtones already on the phone, which are the ones I want to use. Rather, it wants me to choose from its own library. Not the mechanism I want to use.

Back
Top Bottom