• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Hotspot Tether Apps Will Work On My Phone Please Help!!

zak9494

No Hotspot Tether Apps Will Work On My Phone Please Help!!

I have a Galaxy S3 with AT&T. I do have the recent LTE sim card. I

What about the built in tethering? Shouldn't need an app on this phone.

Exactly,unless you have a grandfathered-in unlimited plan w/AT&T,your data is yours to use as you see fit.Unless AT&T has some sort of fee for tethering.

SPRINT has this locked down,but,for as reason,as their data plans are unlimited,& data plans for hotspot/tethering come in various sizes & fees.(Some of the above-mentioned methods will work w/SPRINT,with or w/o rooting,depending upon method used).

Now for the OP's situation,I'd suggest looking in various forums(XDA or perhaps one of our sister forums here) for someone w/a Mac & SGS III w/AT&T service who may have had success w/tethering if any of the abovementioned suggestions haven't helped.

I do know that a combination of having the PRO version of FOX-FI installed on your phone (SPRINT SGS III) & PDA NET+ installed on the desktop(read PC/WINDOWS) works in both USB & BLUETOOTH mode.

You only have to pay for one of the licenses (FOX-FI or PDA NET+) for this to work.I'd suggest contacting the PDA NET+ developer/CSR for assistance if all else fails,as this has been a fairly successful & popular app for sometime now,& no doubt partially due to the support they provide.

Back
Top Bottom