• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No LTE and voice at the same on Verizon

I come from a line of former Motorola devices. Starting with the Droid 2, then the Droid Razr, and then the Moto X 2013. So I thought I was pretty safe going with the Moto X 2014. This being my 3rd Verizon LTE phone, I thought it would be like my previous Motorola LTE capable phones, being that I would be able to talk and use LTE data at the same time. But I guess I was wrong. After doing a little digging online, I found that this phone isn't like the previous phones. It's pending a software update to enable Advanced Calling features on Verizon after which the phone will be able to take advantage of Verizon's Advanced calling features, like HD Voice, and Video calling, and...Voice calls and LTE data at the same time! But until then...we will not be able to access our Verizon data while on a phone call. :maddroid:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones