• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help no minutes being used

satguyjim

Sep 5, 2010
When I first got the VM Optimus, everything was working fine except losing my 3g service randomly (which it still does at time) but the other day I noticed that my minutes were not showing that they were being used, either by logging onto the VM website or using the APP to show amount used. I called to complain about my 3g not working and mentioned it was not shown that minutes were being used. The escalation rep reset my account to reflect a new date so that the minutes being used would not all of sudden show up and cause any problems at the end of my billing cycle.

FAST FORWARD a week and I am still noticing no minutes being used, so I contacted VM by email and got a reply today, it said:

We checked your account activity and we were not able to see records of any used minutes of your plan or any phone usage.

We recommend you to continue using your plan, and if the issue persists, please let us know so we can take further actions about it.

Is anyone else having this issue?

What should I do?

Did you use a kickback code when you signed up? They applied mine 5 days into my second month and started taking away from the bonus minutes before regular minutes. You can't see this unless you click on "calls" in you account; it's the only place it'll show up. Though why the rep couldn't see it if that is indeed the case is beyond me. If you didn't use a code or get bonus minutes another way, I have no idea.

Upvote 0
Like another poster asks . . . . did you apply a "kickback" code when you activated your phone. If you did, that gave your account 60 BONUS minutes. It will use BONUS minutes before it uses your plan minutes,
and it will show 0/300 on the MAIN SCREEN. Go into the CALL detail, and it will show if you're using bonus minutes or now.
Sometimes airtime minutes dont update in real time, but should within 15 minutes of making calls.

ANYTIME MINUTES USED

0 / 300

Updated status as of today after talking to my friend for 30 minutes :)

Upvote 0
Like another poster asks . . . . did you apply a "kickback" code when you activated your phone. If you did, that gave your account 60 BONUS minutes. It will use BONUS minutes before it uses your plan minutes,
and it will show 0/300 on the MAIN SCREEN. Go into the CALL detail, and it will show if you're using bonus minutes or now.
Sometimes airtime minutes dont update in real time, but should within 15 minutes of making calls.

I forgot to reply to that message but NO, I did not use the kickback code and I just checked my usage and still no minutes used even though I made 3 calls today. I do like this 300/unlimited plan :)

Upvote 0
Did you check to see if you might have bonus minutes added for the first time you called about having a problem? This happened to me. I was given credit for the inconvenience, but had no idea until I checked on the site. It shows 0/300 used, but then when I go to check the usage and the pop-up window comes up it shows how many bonus minutes I have left before it starts cutting into my actual minutes. I'd keep an eye on that just in case. Otherwise, enjoy the freebie!

Upvote 0
Did you check to see if you might have bonus minutes added for the first time you called about having a problem? This happened to me. I was given credit for the inconvenience, but had no idea until I checked on the site. It shows 0/300 used, but then when I go to check the usage and the pop-up window comes up it shows how many bonus minutes I have left before it starts cutting into my actual minutes. I'd keep an eye on that just in case. Otherwise, enjoy the freebie!

I double checked it with another browser (IE) and it still shows the same, 0 Bonus and the last time I used any minutes was around the 17th of the month. I will definitely watch it but I notified them twice that I was not using minutes even though I know I was, at least I tried to be honest. But heck, I probably will not even use the 300 minutes anyway, not a big talker after working on a phone system for 6 years, you just do not want to use it after that. Thanks for all the help from those that replied!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones