• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No MP4 playback?

Wilford_B

I just got the DROID X2 this past week and the first thing I wanted to try was the 1080p playback through HDMI that the original X did not have, so I threw HD mp4 files on and tried playing "cannot play this video" I was confused, so I threw 720p videos from my X and tried playing them "cannot play this video" At this point i'm baffled, did motorola de-support the mp4 codec or something? :confused:

This should be related to your player. Try a different one. I haven't used many but i hear Dice Player works well. Just do a search for MP4 player and I'm sure you'll get results.

This should be related to your player. Try a different one. I haven't used many but i hear Dice Player works well. Just do a search for MP4 player and I'm sure you'll get results.

I'm just talking about the default android player itself, I tried other players and they use software rather than hardware decoding which makes for 3fps lag.

Back